Monday, March 1, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Reading level: 4th grade - adult
Paperback 375 pg.

Meet Percy Jackson. Your average twelve year old demigod gets accused of stealing Zeus's master lightening bolt and sets off on a quest to find the real thief and clear his name.

Now you may have seen the movie, or previews for the movie, and thought "lame", and there I would have to agree, but the books are actually quite fabulous. My husband and I read the entire series together and loved it. It's especially fun if you have some general background with Greek mythology. I've heard it compared to Harry Potter because it has that secret magical world hidden in our world theme, but it's actually a fresh original idea. It brings Greek mythology to life and points out that being a hero isn't always all it's cracked up to be.

3 comments:

  1. awesome!! I am totally gonna read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend here in Texas lent us book one in the Percy Jackson series and we got hooked! Bryce has whizzed through the first three books of the series this past week and is currently reading the fourth (we decided to buy the books for Father's Day which are reasonably priced at WalMart). I'm still on book one, but only because I had another book I was finishing and Bryce wouldn't share Lightning Thief with me while he was reading..
    Definitely a great read and we are looking forward to reading other books by Rick Riordan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay I am back and I have finished the last book and the whole series was awesome!!I would definitely rate this book a ten!I am now trying to get my mom and sister Rachel to read it now!
    This Book is Definitely worth your Time!

    ReplyDelete