Friday, January 29, 2010

A Visit With Lloyd Alexander

Below is a link to a wonderful video of Lloyd Alexander, author of The Chronicles of Prydain, talking about his life and his writing.

Click here to go to part one. There are three parts to the series (about 20 minutes all together) and well worth watching.

In his will, Alexander left many of his books/manuscripts/ and possesions to Brigham Young University. A new exhibit just opened in the Harold B. Lee Library displaying his things, including the harp shown in the video.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Anna! That was sweet! I love how he talks about the freedom children's lit and fantasy have to deal with real problems in the world. He's a genius! Are you still reading the Book of Three in that class? Have you read it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading it right now and loving it! I was about to say more, but I will wait until I have finished the book. I can say that his writing has become more alive to me, having known more about him. Make sure you check out the exhibit on the fourth floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete